Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hi my viewers! These are the pictures that have been taken about a week ago outside my house. As you can see, these pictures were taken as the sun was going down and some that have been taken at night. I am still working on this project, just trying to build more parts for it that are a little complicated. I added some extra lights to give it a realistic look. At this time, I am working on where there won't be as much lights, I am trying to splice them together. Hopefully I can get back with yall sooner.
I also want to let you know, I am working on a work over rig, I don't have any pictures of it as of yet. At this point, I am not happy with the way it looks, because the wheels I made and that are on there, make the body and the cab look to big for the tires. I will try to get some pictures in soon.
If anyone has photos, send them to me in the mail. llongoria@gvtc.com
I would be interested in seeing them. It would also help me to learn what I need to do in order to build more. I will try to get some pics of workover either this Thursday or Friday. I will see yall then.





























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to build one of these. Can you give me some idea of the materials you used and any other hints? Thank you jackiedeaver@yahoo.com

Paul said...

Keith,

These are really cool! What do you do with them? Do you sell them to oifield companies or display them in your home?

Keep up the good work!

Keith said...

Paul, well I store them in my house for right now until I get more comfortable to sell them, until that time I keep them at home.
I am hoping someday that my work is good enough to sell.

Keith said...

Jackie,
I use different types of wood that I get from crafting stores, building and supply stores and even scrap wood. I buy pulleys, I also hunt down things from craft shows, hobby lobby, flea markets. I use the mechanical parts from old toys and such. I basically build them from scratch and have alot of fun using my imagination.
One thing you have to have is patience. It can get stressful sometimes.